Kevin Lapsley (born June 21) is an American producer, director, screen writer, actor, editor, businessman and internet entrepreneur, best known for his filmography work on his own and other independent productions in film, web, and music videos.
Getting a relatively late start in the industry, besides the home movies he, his brother and cousin would make growing up, Lapsley began producing his first independent feature, “It Is To Me…” (2001), his senior year at Pennsylvania State University.
In 2001, after completing his first feature Lapsley moved to Wilmington, North Carolina to do production and uncredited acting work on such television shows and films as “Dawson’s Creek” (1998-2003), “A Touch of Fate” (2003), “A Walk to Remember” (2002), “Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” (2002) and “Shallow Hal” (2001).
Lapsley returned to Pennsylvania and began producing, over the next several years, such projects as “Enter the Garden: Pt. Six Jullie’s New Hat” (2001), “A Mind’s Eye” (2002) and “The Last One..?” (2009) in the Philadelphia area. Also, during this time, Lapsley began documenting the band Wineskin.
In 2008, Lapsley completed principal photography on “The Last One..?” and had a subsequent first cut public local screening of the project at the venue Puck in Doylestown, PA. Around this time, he also began to work with producer/ director/ writer Steve Condon (The 10:10 Creative) on his Los Angeles, CA, Nashville, TN and Philadelphia, PA project, “Little Hollywood” (2009).
In 2009, Lapsley once again began to do production work on independent projects and uncredited acting work on studios projects such as “Crime Scene Investigation” (2000-2015), “Glee” (2009-2015), “Entourage” (2004-2011), “Iron Man 2” (2010), “Couples Retreat” (2009) and “Get Him to the Greek” (2010). Also, during this time Lapsley got “Wineskin: Psychedelic Circus, 2008” (2009) distributed onto DVD and wrote the projects “Blue Eyes Sunrise” (2009) and “Tower Rd” (2009).
In 2010, Lapsley re-organized his production company, KSKM, to include branding solutions for those in need of these services. Also around this time, he began to frequently collaborate with producer/ director/ writer John Charles Hunt (Sayre Woods Media) on his many independent projects in the Philadelphia area, like “Jersey Justice” (2014) and “Wine’m N Dine’m with Chef Louie” (2017).
In 2011, Lapsley worked on the Christian Grillo project “Deer Crossing” (2012) which included a cast of such actors as Ernie Hudson, Doug Bradley, Christopher Mann, K.J. Linhein and Carmela Hayslett. Near the end of the year, Lapsley launched a movie review venture, Independent Movie Review, for no-low budget producers, so their independent projects can have a voice on-line to start the difficult process of gaining validation that smaller projects have such a difficult time in doing.
In 2012, Lapsley worked with director Steve Condon on some of his latest projects which included music videos for musician, Phil Vassar and his new singles, “Don’t Miss Your Life” and “Santa’s Gone Hollywood”. Between these projects Lapsley worked on the Thomas K. Phillips independent period piece feature film “The North Star” (2016) with such actors as Jeremiah Trotter, Clifton Powell, Lynn Whitfield, Keith David, Thomas C. Bartley Jr. and Christopher Mann.
In 2013, Lapsley became a co-owner of a professional sports networking start-up internet company, CoachLinked. During this time he continued to collaborate with director Steve Condon on more music videos for Phil Vassar, Truth and Salvage Co. and the Davisson Brothers Band.
In 2017, Lapsley and his production company KSKM once again worked with director Steve Condon and his company the 10:10 Creative in producing a new music video for the Davisson Brothers Band and their new single, “Po’ Boyz”.
As of February, 2018, projects that Lapsley has worked on have grossed over $1.1 billion total box office gross and an average of $47 million per film (25 projects). He has worked on 3 films (Shallow Hal, Couples Retreat, Iron Man 2) that grossed over $100 million at the worldwide box office.
Main Article: Kevin Lapsley filmography
1. ^ An Interview with Producer, Director and Actor, Kevin Lapsley: IndependentMovieReview.com.
2. ^ The Last One Director, Kevin Lapsley: This Is Some Scene, 2008-09-09.
3. ^ Kevin Lapsley Biography: IMDb.
4. ^ INTERVIEW: Deer Crossing director Christian Jude Grillo: Cinedelphia, Lucas Mangum, 2011-10-08.
5. ^ Kevin Lapsley Launches Independent Movie Review Venture: KevinLapsley.com, 2012-11-15.
6. ^ Phil Vassar’s “Santa’s Gone Hollywood” Music Video: KevinLapsley.com, 2012-11-27.
7. ^ Jeremiah Trotter Making Acting Debut In Lead Role As Escaped Slave Big Ben Jones: IndieWire, Tambay A. Obenson, 2012-07-18.
8. ^ Our Team: CoachLinked.
9. ^ Truth & Salvage Co. “Appalachian Hilltop” Music Video: KevinLapsley.com, 2013-09-13.
10. ^ The Davisson Brothers: The Next Reality TV Show?: Connect Bridgeport News, Julie Perine, 2014-07-20.
11. ^ The Davisson Brothers Band Signs with Keith Stegall’s Dreamlined Entertainment; to Perform at Australia’s CMC Rocks: Connect Bridgeport News, Julie Perine, 2017-10-08.
12. ^ Introducing CoachLinked: CoachLinked, 2018-01-24.
13. ^ Now Available in the App Store: CoachLinked, 2018-02-08.
14. ^ Kevin Lapsley: IMDbPRO, 2018-02-18.
Kevin Lapsley on IMDb
August 8, 2018